She’s a Hinckley!
Hinckley 49′ center cockpit ketch
Designer: Henry R. Hinckley (formally his personal yacht)
Builder: Hinckley Company
Year: 1976 Hull Number 20 (only 24 Hinckley 49s were built)
Windfall sleeps five passengers in two separate cabins; three passengers in the aft cabin with a small double berth and a single berth and two in the forward v-berth cabin. There are two heads with pressurized hot and cold running water showers and electric toilets.
- three-burner propane stove with oven
- two-burner electric stovetop
- refrigerator and freezer
- microwave/convection oven
- ice maker
- hot and cold pressurized running water
- filtered drinking water
- EPRIB (Emergency Positioning Indicating Radio Beacon)
- 12” touch screen color Raytheon ES-Series
- Furuno GPS navigator
- two ICOM VHF radios
- Raytheon autopilot with wireless remote
- Automated Identification System (AIS)
- Danforth constellation compass
- Fusion AV650 with Blue Tooth radio and CD player
- XM radio with BOSE™ speakers throughout the boat
- Weather Worx (satellite weather)
- two flat screen HD/TV/DVDs
- Profurl roller furling
- electric windlass
- reverse cycle air conditioning and heating system
- two Barient primary electric winches
- dodgers and biminis for both cockpits
- infrared propane BBQ grill
- 110 volt AC power
- 12 volt DC power
- inflatable hard-bottomed dinghy with 15 hp engine
- fishing gear
- masks, fins, snorkels
- selection of board games
- towing tubes
- a kite
MESSAGE FROM THE CAPTAIN: If the weather cooperates, we’re planning to get underway in mid-October. It will be the same plan as the past few seasons; to haul out in Shallotte, NC, then dock in Satellite Beach, FL, for the holidays before crossing the Gulf Stream over to the Bahamas in January. Send us an email Charter@DefianceSailCharters.com for specifics about chartering Windfall. We’d love to see you!
~ Captain Raffi
Captain Raffi Kassabian
United States Coast Guard certified; 100 ton Master License/Auxiliary sail. Captain Raffi has been sailing the waters from the coast of Maine to the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and the Gulf of Mexico since 1985. American Red Cross Certified First Aid, CPR and Automated External Defibrillation (AED).
Captain Lisa Kennedy
United States Coast Guard certified OUPV license. Lisa has been sailing the waters of the U.S. Atlantic coast, the Gulf of Mexico and the Bahamas and canoeing the lakes and rivers of New England since 1976. Former American Red Cross Instructor Trainer of Water Safety, First Aid/CPR/AED, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer Instructors. Former American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor; including rescue training for the U.S. Coast Guard aboard the Grand Isle. Former American Red Cross Sailing Instructor.
For reservation information, contact Captain Raffi at Charter@DefianceSailCharters.com or call 978-948-5434.